Astellas Pharma Manager Data Integration & Analysis in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Manager, Data Integration and Analysis opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
This position will be the data sourcing expert for Astellas Enterprise Analytic Services function. The mission for this role is to serve as the expert in Astellas data assets and their application to business opportunities -- identifying, securing business permissions, and on-boarding from a business perspective. This individual must work collaboratively with data owners, AIA Informatics and Operations, and Information Systems to coordinate the onboarding and access to data with EAS partners. The person will work closely with the EAS Data Scientists to check are prepare data for analysis.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Identifies data sources to solve business issues using advanced analytic projects
- Identifies business owners and coordinates with IS and AIA I&O to secure access to datasets
- Designs and performs business quality control of accessed and onboarded data
- Manages the timelines of data access and keeps the project teams informed
- Performs data summary and other basic statistics to inform analytical design for EAS Data Scientists
- Partners with EAS team on the best design of analytical tables for project success
- Collaborates with EAS team on feature design, visualization, analytic data prep, and analytics
- Catalogs data attributes in the Data Governance system and provides business context to EAS analysis.
Reduction in the time to acquire data for analyses. Broadening the application of advanced analytics at Astellas
Reports to Associate Director EAS
This position requires close collaboration with data owner across Astellas, AIA Informatics and Operations, and the Enterprise Analytics Services Team.
- College degree with training in data handling or 3-5 years experience
- Project Management Skills and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees including senior management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and SQL
- Basic knowledge in data science applications
- Knowledge of data visualization, quality, and applications supporting
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to details, and the ability to multi-task.
- Experience in data quality and feature engineering
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic fast paced environment, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to influence and explain rationale for data access and the business impact of analytics
- Experience with pharmaceutical data
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical processes across R&D and Commercial
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Advanced Informatics & Analytics