Astellas Pharma Solution Delivery Manager, R&D Partner in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Solution Delivery Manager, R&D Partner opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
Ensures the alignment of existing information systems with business requirements across Astellas Value Chain including Research (DDR), Medical & Development (M&D), Pharmaceutical Technology (PT), and Quality Assurance (QA) globally for a certain function in collaboration with Relationship Management (RM) and Application Life Cycle Management (ALCM) Teams. Advises the organization in the definition of new or improved technologies related to information management in support of business change to enhance the value of information to the business for that function.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Manages R&D Partner projects.
Defines, in close cooperation with QA/CRQA/RC, the validation approach;
- Collaborates with RM Team to define, in close cooperation with key users, detailed user requirement specifications, necessary for project execution;
- Ensures functional and/or technical designs are specified and created;
- Ensures deliverables as described in the Validation Plan are met and signed off as appropriate;
- Manages the execution of approved projects and performs the project management tasks as described in the SDLC/CSV SOPs and the System Development Guideline.
Identifies opportunities for evolution and innovation of the applied business information systems:
Collaborates with RM Team to analyze information requirements and needs of business customers;
- Supports RM & ALCM Teams to prepare project proposals and briefs;
- Promotes the portfolio of R&D Partner products & services (solutions) with supports from RM & ALCM Teams;
- Collaborates with RM & ALCM Teams to stimulate the use of available Information Systems.
Follows and understands the direction and context of business and IT developments and the implications of these developments for specific solutions related to business processes:
Supports ALCM Team to keep up to date with business developments within the area of responsibility;
- Keeps up to date with IT developments in general;
- Searches for improvements when applying these developments to the solutions chosen, influence the business and initiate infrastructural projects.
Defines the global information strategy for Value Chain information needs for a certain (set of) system(s) (e.g. EDC, CTMS, PK):
Collaborates with RM Team to take business and technical requirements into account globally when information strategies and plans are developed.
Performs impact scans to understand the market place for a certain information need:
Supports RM Team to create an information strategy to deploy information systems with input from the business;
- Supports RM Team to determine the scope related to information needs with input from the business;
- Collaborates with RM Team to describe high level user requirements with input from the business;
- Supports with RM Team to write Requests for Information (RFI) and performs market research;
- Retrieves answers on the RFI and establishes a shortlist together with the business;
- Supports with Procurement & RM Team to write Request for Proposal (RFP), performs due diligence and negotiates contracts to enable the selection of a preferred vendor from the shortlist, in cooperation with the business and shared services departments;
- Compiles the business case showing the Total Cost of Ownership and intangible benefits, including financial, organizational, procedural and technological consequences.
- Manages or participates in Global, cross-regional and/or regional/local R&D Partner project teams.
Manages up to 15 programs & projects for various business functions including cross-functional ones and IS owned ones.
A program consists of more than one project;
- May include business functions in one or more of Astellas affiliates globally using one or more system within the scope.
- Manages and is accountable for an IT project budget of up to 5 Million EUR or USD.
- Collaborates with ALCM Team to supports up to 3000 customers, and 10 or more business applications.
Reports to Programs & Projects Lead or higher;
Business areas may include:
Medical (Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical & Research Quality Assurance, and Pharmacovigilance)
M&D cross-functional functions
- Pharmaceutical Technology
Part of the API Information Systems Department;
- Bachelor University degree or acquired by education and/or work experience in IT, business administration or equivalent;
- Fluent English (verbally and written);
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills;
- Be stress-resistant and analytical;
- Demonstrated learning ability and ability to acquire new skills as part of the job;
- Well developed collaborative social skills.
Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
Over 3 years experience in Pharmaceutical (Value Chain) environment;
- Over 3 year experience in project management;
- Over 2 years experience in the area of database administration, programming, report builder or similar is desired;
- Experience in managing vendors (application vendors and service providers);
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements concerning GxP applications, GAMP5 and 21 CFR Part 11.
- Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL) is desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Information Technology/Systems