Astellas Pharma Market Access & Insights Manager in United States
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Manager, Health Systems Insights opportunity.
Purpose & Scope:
The Manager oversees all aspects of Market Research as it relates to Health Systems / Market Access. He/She is responsible for providing evidence-based, strategic and tactical guidance to Astellas Pharma US Health Systems verticals and brand marketing teams. His/Her functional responsibilities include leading primary and secondary market research exercises to deliver integrated insights related to payers, integrated health systems and other organized providers. Additional responsibilities include monitoring of trends and policies and assessing market impact, opportunities and risks.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic market insights and guidance to cross-functional business partners on payer and organized customer segments, and market access opportunities and threats for key brands.
- Lead market research initiatives aimed at improving the understanding of Health Systems customer attitudes and behaviors.
- Oversee the analysis of and reporting on market access data and the trends in each market.
- Partner with Health Systems and Insights & Analytics colleagues on internal development and deployment of proprietary market research methodologies for customer segments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional and global colleagues to integrate market research and analytic insights to inform strategic exercises such as annual Situation Analysis, Brand Planning, Mid-Term Forecast, Launch Planning, etc.
- Exhibit analytical rigor in the valuation of business opportunities and the quantification of risk.
- Utilize market research and analytics to advance internal understanding of how changes in Astellas markets and the broader healthcare ecosystem affect patient access for in-line and pipeline products, including evolving delivery/payment models, utilization management techniques, and pricing/contracting requirements.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of best market research practices in the industry.
- The Manager is responsible for contributing to the development and execution of the annual Health Systems and assigned brand(s) market research plan(s).
- Insights delivered by the Manager support decision-making for Astellas brands, typically in excess of $100 million in annual revenues.
- Recommendations to Health Systems' strategies/tactics have measurable impact on promotional investments, gross-to-net, market share, or patient access and affordability.
- This position is an individual contributor.
- Reports to Director, who in turn reports to Executive Director, Insights & Analytics
- Requires close collaboration with US Health Systems, Global Market Access and Marketing stakeholders, as well as with Insights & Analytics colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of pharmaceutical industry work experience
- 1-3 years of working in Managed Markets / Market Access space, including strong understanding of healthcare ecosystem and market factors that shape coverage and reimbursement, working knowledge of secondary data sources, such as formulary tools, pricing databases, and claims data sources.
- 1-3 years of market research experience: all phases of qual/quant, skills in various techniques, interpretation and presentation of market intelligence insights.
- Strong analytical rigor in the valuation of business opportunities / quantification of risk.
- Ability to deal with complex business issues by identifying and applying the correct research techniques and providing superior analyses and reasoned solutions based on the integration of a variety of data sources.
- Ability to act as catalyst for change within the organization; conveys a sense of urgency while being flexible and responsive to changing business priorities.
- Communicates complex messages effectively and persuasively in writing and speech with a broad range of stakeholders, including senior executives.
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills and ability to effectively manage cross-functional projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency while being flexible and responsive to changing business priorities.
- Experience in Oncology or Specialty Products Managed Markets / Market Access
- Advanced degree (MBA/MS/PhD)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Category Commercial Operations